To apply, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject line and your salary requirements in the body of the email.
IMPORTANT: Candidates must be local to Blue Bell, Pennsylvania as we do not compensate for relocation. You must be qualified to permanently work in the US. We do not sponsor work visas.
Wingspan Technology has been providing industry-leading technology solutions since 1996. We are based just outside of Philadelphia in beautiful Blue Bell, PA. Because of our relatively small size your daily impact is noticeable and expected. Wingspan believes that its growth as a company is dependent on each employee’s professional and personal growth. We help facilitate this through one-on-one mentoring sessions, lunch and learn presentations, and social events like happy hours, our annual chili cook off, and a rather boisterous cornhole tournament. Flexible work hours and occasionally telecommuting are also options to help maintain that work/life balance.
Software Engineer (All Levels)
Who We Are
Wingspan Technology is a small, family friendly software company headquartered in Blue Bell, PA. The Wingspan engineering team is responsible for architecture, implementation, and maintenance of the company’s enterprise software products that target highly regulated industries, primarily life sciences. Current projects span the whole software lifecycle, from maintenance of industry-leading solutions to the development of new, unannounced products; some are on-premise and some SaaS.
What We Do
Our engineering team has exposure to a wide range of technology; for new projects we’re using Scala, React, Solr, and Postgres, with an emphasis on functional programming techniques where appropriate. Internally we use Atlassian tools for defect tracking, continuous integration, and code reviews. Engineers involved in tier 3 support typically work with older technologies, but are able to see how real customers use their work.
What You’ll Do
Our Interview Process
Given the velocity of the technology field and changing needs of the industries Wingspan serves, Wingspan interviews for general knowledge and ability to learn more so than specific, existing knowledge. Knowledge of some of the technologies we use is a plus, but interest in them is more important.
Interested in learning more? Submit your resume to email@example.com today!
Wingspan is expanding its cloud operations team and is currently looking for a seasoned devops engineer. This role is responsible for improving and maintaining the infrastructure of our privately hosted cloud solution. This would include participation in architecture design, software deployment, developer support, and system configuration, all while ensuring our clients’ data stays safe, secure and highly available.
Examples of projects that you’ll work on:
- Get all new software deployments down to minutes using Puppet
- Improving our patch management strategy and process
- Review and improve our high availability
- Improving our multi-tenant backup strategy and performance
- Automating the elasticity of our environment as we scale
Some technologies you’ll work with:
- Puppet, CentOS, Packer, Cobbler, Vagrant, Git
- Tomcat, PostgreSQL, Solr/Lucene, Splunk, Go
What you’ll do:
- Help us meet our internal SLA of 99.99%
- Contribute to our decisions around our architecture and the tools we choose
- Participate in weekly lunch and learn sessions within the organization
- Constantly be learning and growing your skillset
Skills & Requirements
You must have:
- Experience managing a production Linux environment (CentOS/RHEL preferred)
- Working knowledge of automation and management software like Puppet and Packer
- Experience with virtualization platforms like VMware, Vagrant and Amazon EC2
- Ability to work well in a fast paced team environment
We’d like to see:
- 3-5 years of roll-up your sleeves experience
- Passion to eliminate inefficiencies
- Solid understanding of sysadmin concepts and troubleshooting
QA Test Analyst – Multiple Positions
We currently have multiple openings for Jr. /Mid-Level QA Analysts (2+ yrs. experience) to help support testing and validation efforts for Wingspan’s suite of SaaS applications and software products.
We are looking for highly motivated, experienced, energetic, productive, and efficient individuals that are up for a challenge.
Specific qualifications for the positions are listed below.
- Product and project requirements review and analysis so as to determine appropriate testing strategy and specific testing needs with respect to data setup or environmental aspects
- Develop test cases for functional, system, regression, and compatibility testing to fully exercise requirements
- Test execution and results reporting
- Logs and tracks application defects
- Reports testing progress back to team lead
- Will require off hours and remote support as necessary
- Contribute to Wingspan QA and Validation process improvement initiatives
- Understands the SDLC and the interrelationships of processes and artifacts with the QA function
- Demonstrated requirements analysis skills
- Test strategy definition and planning
- Test definition and execution skills
- Familiarity with use of test management tools
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- General analysis, problem solving, time management skills
Additional Desired Skills
- Ability to interact with Business Analysts and Software Engineers in a highly collaborative environment
- Specific testing experience
- Document Management Systems
- Testing validated systems
- Linux (Cent OS) navigation and familiarity with commands for viewing and manipulating files (i.e. cat, grep, awk, sed)
- Business Analyst, Development, or other IT experience
- Familiarity with the Pharmaceutical industry
Service Desk Engineer
Wingspan seeks a smart, energetic and capable engineer/analyst to join our support team in providing 1st and 2nd tier application support to the growing population of Wingspan customers. Focus will be on supporting our electronic Trial Master File (eTMF) cloud product.
- Provide exceptional 1st and 2nd tier Service Desk requiring in depth application knowledge and deep technical troubleshooting skills.
- Investigate, analyze and identify root cause of application, environment and business process issues and coordinate resolution with other engineering and business analyst groups.
- Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention beyond own ability to resolve.
- Become expert in Wingspan applications and technologies and knowledgeable of the underlying business processes.
- Monitor application performance metrics and usage patterns and investigate and report unusual activity.
- Answer, evaluate and prioritize incoming support system requests and maintain issue tracking database to document all activity through issue resolution.
- Contribute to the team’s knowledge base and collaborate with other Infrastructure teams.
- Outstanding problem solving skills and ability to analyze and diagnose complex issues.
- Experience formulating SQL queries and familiarity with database concepts.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to fully and effectively document work.
- Ability to multitask, handle multiple priorities and remain productive during slow times.
- Ability to exercise patience and professionalism at all times.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field or equivalent
- work experience.
- Experience with the Microsoft Office and Windows 7.
- Some application design and development experience helpful.
- Prior experience in Client Support / Help Desk environment
- Familiar with ITIL processes including Incident, Problem, Change and Configuration Management
- Familiarity with validated environments and the pharmaceutical industry
- Technologies: SQL, Java, Jira, Splunk, Linix, Zabbix, LDAP, Active Directory, Documentum, SharePoint
- Prior experience in a Cloud/SaaS environment helpful
- Available to flex schedule to work an 8 hour shift between 7am – 7pm Eastern Time