To apply, send your resume to email@example.com with the job title in the subject line and your salary requirements in the body of the email.
IMPORTANT: Candidates must be local to Blue Bell, Pennsylvania as we do not compensate for relocation. You must be qualified to permanently work in the US. We do not sponsor work visas.
Wingspan Technology has been providing industry-leading technology solutions since 1996. We are based just outside of Philadelphia in beautiful Blue Bell, PA. Because of our relatively small size your daily impact is noticeable and expected. Wingspan believes that its growth as a company is dependent on each employee’s professional and personal growth. We help facilitate this through one-on-one mentoring sessions, lunch and learn presentations, and social events like happy hours, our annual chili cook off, and a rather boisterous cornhole tournament. Flexible work hours and occasionally telecommuting are also options to help maintain that work/life balance.
Software Engineer (All Levels)
Who We Are
Wingspan Technology is a small, family friendly software company headquartered in Blue Bell, PA. The Wingspan engineering team is responsible for architecture, implementation, and maintenance of the company’s enterprise software products that target highly regulated industries, primarily life sciences. Current projects span the whole software lifecycle, from maintenance of industry-leading solutions to the development of new, unannounced products; some are on-premise and some SaaS.
What We Do
Our engineering team has exposure to a wide range of technology; for new projects we’re using Scala, React, Solr, and Postgres, with an emphasis on functional programming techniques where appropriate. Internally we use Atlassian tools for defect tracking, continuous integration, and code reviews. Engineers involved in tier 3 support typically work with older technologies, but are able to see how real customers use their work.
What You’ll Do
Our Interview Process
Given the velocity of the technology field and changing needs of the industries Wingspan serves, Wingspan interviews for general knowledge and ability to learn more so than specific, existing knowledge. Knowledge of some of the technologies we use is a plus, but interest in them is more important.
Interested in learning more? Submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org today!
Wingspan is expanding its cloud operations team and is currently looking for a seasoned devops engineer. This role is responsible for improving and maintaining the infrastructure of our privately hosted cloud solution. This would include participation in architecture design, software deployment, developer support, and system configuration, all while ensuring our clients’ data stays safe, secure and highly available.
Examples of projects that you’ll work on:
- Get all new software deployments down to minutes using Puppet
- Improving our patch management strategy and process
- Review and improve our high availability
- Improving our multi-tenant backup strategy and performance
- Automating the elasticity of our environment as we scale
Some technologies you’ll work with:
- Puppet, CentOS, Packer, Cobbler, Vagrant, Git
- Tomcat, PostgreSQL, Solr/Lucene, Splunk, Go
What you’ll do:
- Help us meet our internal SLA of 99.99%
- Contribute to our decisions around our architecture and the tools we choose
- Participate in weekly lunch and learn sessions within the organization
- Constantly be learning and growing your skillset
Skills & Requirements
You must have:
- Experience managing a production Linux environment (CentOS/RHEL preferred)
- Working knowledge of automation and management software like Puppet and Packer
- Experience with virtualization platforms like VMware, Vagrant and Amazon EC2
- Ability to work well in a fast paced team environment
We’d like to see:
- 3-5 years of roll-up your sleeves experience
- Passion to eliminate inefficiencies
- Solid understanding of sysadmin concepts and troubleshooting