The Missing Link Between SharePoint and Documentum
DocWay Web Parts for SharePoint gives organizations complete integration between SharePoint and Documentum. User-friendly SharePoint portals are commonplace in today’s corporate environment, but until now, integrating them with Documentum systems has been complicated and time- and resource-intensive.
DocWay Web Parts for SharePoint provides functionality in three key areas: content management, search, and business process management. All Web Parts support multiple Docbases and versions of Documentum, and function either in isolation or in combination. The individual DocWay Web Parts are highly customizable and can be quickly and easily enhanced to match the specific needs of your organization.
- Advanced, easy-to-use user interface to your Documentum repositories from SharePoint
- Microsoft certified
- 32-bit and 64-bit versions available
- Works with your versions of Documentum
- Single Web Part with access to multiple Documentum repositories
- Easy to install and configure
- Single sign-on. No secondary prompting for Documentum user credentials
- Works for Documentum Consumer and Contributor roles
- Aggregates content and search results across multiple repositories
- Access, create, and update content from any location
Included Web Parts for End Users
- Home Cabinet
- Recently Accessed Files
- My Workflows
- Virtual Folders
- Repository Browser
- DQL Query
- Object View
Included Web Parts for Administrators
- DocWay System Administrator
- Menu Designer
- Component Administration
- Web Part Group Settings
Included Web Parts for Developers
- DocWay Diagnostics
- AJAX Call Viewer
- HTTP Request Inspector
- System Information
Usability and performance are cornerstones of DocWay. We have taken our years of portal development experience and poured our knowledge into DocWay Web Parts for SharePoint.
- 100% AJAX – We believe we have reached the holy grail of never refreshing screens when using DocWay. We get information that is needed when it is needed. Excess calls to Documentum and network traffic are reduced.
- Web Part to Web Part Communication – Our Web Parts automatically know when they are active and communicate with each other. Check out a document from your Subscriptions Web Part and have it automatically show up in the Checkouts Web Part without ever having to refresh the screen.
- AJAX Tooltips – Hover over a Documentum object and receive additional information without refreshing the screen. Real estate on a portal page is limited, and the DocWay tooltip feature provides the ability to receive additional information without taking up extra portal page space. The DocWay tooltips can display different information based on object type or object attributes, allowing true customization of information.
- Content Transfer – Our content transfer is very fast. No UCF needed.
- Caching – We cache the right amount of information at the portal layer to reduce unnecessary Documentum calls.
- Pop-ins / Pop-ups – The DocWay Dialogs are displayed as either a pop-up window or as a pop-in window. We do not refresh the page when you request properties, relationships, versions, etc. on Documentum objects.
- Load Balancing – DocWay Web Parts easily run in a SharePoint farm. Additionally, the DocWay Server can be load balanced.
- DocWay supports existing security models:
- SSO via Netegrity or RSA
- Cached Credentials (mapping of SharePoint users to Documentum users)
- Documentum Principal Authenticator
- SSL Environments supported
- Binds fixed credentials to specific DocWay Web Part instances (e.g., HR Policies and Procedures in a DocWay Web Part on the home page)
- DocWay is highly configurable and can be implemented according to your specific business needs.
- Supports Documentum 5.25, 5.3, 5.35, 6.0, 6.1, 6.5, 6.6, 6.7, 7, and all service packs in these versions
- Support for all Documentum customizations through the DocApp
- Custom Object Types and Attributes
- Value Assist lookups and validation
- Screen layout (Fields and Tabs) – Support for custom BOFs
- Support for Documentum DCM for Consumer (Contributor functionality is a customization and depends on the version of Documentum DCM)
- Common object menu actions such as View, Edit, Export, Check in, Checkout, Versions, Renditions, Relationships, Locations, Properties, Virtual Documents, Clipboard (Move, Link, Copy), Email link, Quickflow, Initiate Workflow, Import File, Create Object from Template, Lifecycle, Subscribe, Rename, and Create Folder
- Fully adheres to Documentum’s ACLs
- Our DocWay Web Parts are designed using the best practices for SharePoint Web Parts. Wingspan is a Gold Certified Partner of Microsoft and has been a partner for over 14 years.
- We work with SharePoint 2010, MOSS 2007, WSS 3.0, and Search Server 2008.
- 32-bit and 64-bit versions available
- Support for SharePoint Server Farms
- We support special deployment scenarios – For example, a large organization that has a single SharePoint server farm that serves all business units in the organization. Several of the business units have Documentum instances. You can have multiple deployments of DocWay in your SharePoint server farm and each business unit can have its instance of DocWay configured and customized to its specification without interfering with other DocWay deployments in the same server farm.
- DocWay Visual Studio Project (works in 2005 and 2008)
- Web Parts Extension Model and API
- DocWay Developer Guide
- DocWay Developer Examples
- DocWay Developer Training available
- Build and easily deploy your DocWay customizations